If the term “Film and Supper Club” bothers you, let us put your mind at rest.
- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Bridge Project premises on Gainsborough Street.
- Check the website regularly to see what film is showing this month.
- Film nights are always the last Wednesday in the month, except August and December when we take a break.
- If you want to come along, telephone or email us with your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 30 July 2014
Save the date – you are all invited to a Monsoon Wedding.
A father is trying to organize an enormous, chaotic, and expensive wedding for his daughter, for whom he has arranged a marriage with a man she has known for only a few weeks. This ensures that, for one of the few times in a generation, the extended family comes together from all corners of the globe, bringing its emotional baggage along. It is a story set in the modern upper-middle class of Punjabi India, where telecommunications and a western lifestyle mix with old traditions, like the arranged wedding the young bride accepts when she ends a misguided love affair. The groom is an Indian living in Texas, and all relatives from both families come to New Delhi during the monsoon season to attend the wedding. The four-day celebrations involve clumsy organisation, family parties and arguments, disturbing secrets – and lots of music.
As usual our price per head is £15.00, to include supper. The café will be open from 6.00 pm for drinks and food will be served from 6.30 pm. To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Jill Mcglashon on email@example.com or telephone 01787 313691