- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Courtyard Café on Gainsborough Street.
- Please telephone or email us to make your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 26 August 2015
Dark Horse: The Incredible True Story of Dream Alliance is an inspirational true story set in the village of Cefn Fforest in one of the poorest mining valleys in Wales. When Jan Vokes, the barmaid at a local working men’s club, overhears a regular talking about the time he owned a share of a racehorse, she decides to breed a racehorse of her own and goes into business with the regular and her husband. Together they buy a £300 thoroughbred mare and pair her with an aging stallion, then unite with 23 friends in the village who form a syndicate paying £10 a week to raise the resulting foal. Raised on a slagheap allotment, to the astonishment of the racing elite, Dream Alliance grows up to be an unlikely champion, until one day disaster strikes…
As usual our price per head is £15.00, to include supper. The café will be open from 6.00 pm for drinks and food will be served from 6.30 pm.
Wednesday 30 September 2015
A cheerful and inventive comic confessional about Guillaume Gallienne’s upbringing, his relations with his mother, and his eventual embracing of his inner heterosexual after growing up as a female-identified boy whom everyone assumes is gay.
The film premiered at the 2013 Cannes Festival and in 2014 was nominated for ten Cesar awards and won five, including Best Film.
To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Deborah Thomas/Jill Mcglashon on Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or telephone 01787 313691