If the term “Film and Supper Club” bothers you, let us put your mind at rest.
- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Bridge Project premises on Gainsborough Street.
- Check the website regularly to see what film is showing this month.
- Film nights are always the last Wednesday in the month, except August and December when we take a break.
- If you want to come along, telephone or email us with your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 27 November 2013.
The Winter Guest
This month we are taking St Andrews Day (30 November) as our theme.
Set in Scotland on one wintry day, the film focuses on eight people; a mother and daughter, Elspeth and Frances; two young boys skipping school; two old women who frequently attend strangers’ funerals; and two teenagers Nita and Alex.
The film is based on Sharman MacDonald‘s play which premiered at The West Yorkshire Playhouse and went on to further success at The Almeida Theatre in London.
The play and the film were directed by the wonderful Alan Rickman. Cast members include Emma Thompson, Phylidda Law and Sheila Reid.
The film won a number of awards including Best Film at the Venice International Film Festival.
£15.00 per head including supper.
Café opens at 6.00 pm for drinks; supper served from 6.30 pm.
To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Jill Mcglashon on email@example.com or telephone 01787 313691