If the term “Film and Supper Club” bothers you, let us put your mind at rest.
- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Bridge Project premises on Gainsborough Street.
- Check the website regularly to see what film is showing this month.
- Film nights are always the last Wednesday in the month, except August and December when we take a break.
- If you want to come along, telephone or email us with your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 28 January 2015
Cycling with Moliere
A warm, funny, literate comedy in which two French actors portray two French actors, friends at odds with one another in every possible way, except their love of Molière’s The Misanthrope. Lambert Wilson (star of 2010 Cannes Grand Prix winner, Of Gods and Men) plays Gauthier, tall, handsome, and blessed with the lead in a ridiculous soap opera as a beloved cosmetic surgeon who “saves lives.” Fabrice Luchini, as Serge, has met with much less success, becoming a middle-aged curmudgeon who has renounced the stage to live on the glorious Ile de Ré, off France’s Atlantic coast. Gauthier arrives on Serge’s turf to try to convince his pal Luchini, in real life a Molière expert, to return to Paris to play opposite him in a new production. When not arguing or rehearsing scenes while biking, they consider their options as personified by a local porn actress and an attractive Italian divorcée, as well as the lure of island real estate.
Cycling With Moliere is a charming and gentle film about actors, acting, fame and the beauty of all things French.
As usual our price per head is £15.00, to include supper. The café will be open from 6.00 pm for drinks and food will be served from 6.30 pm.
To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Jill Mcglashon on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01787 313691