If the term “Film and Supper Club” bothers you, let us put your mind at rest.
- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Bridge Project premises on Gainsborough Street.
- Check the website regularly to see what film is showing this month.
- Film nights are always the last Wednesday in the month, except August and December when we take a break.
- If you want to come along, telephone or email us with your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 26 November
A stellar British cast for this month’s film ….
The film is inspired by a portrait that hangs at Kenwood House in London, of Dido Elizabeth Belle, commissioned by her great uncle, Lord Mansfield. Dido is the illegitimate mixed-race daughter of a British Naval officer, who lives in poverty with her mother in England. On her mother’s death her father places Dido in the care of her great-uncle, then Lord Chief Justice. Though the social mores of the time make Dido an outsider, she is educated and raised in the Mansfield house as an aristocrat alongside her cousin Elizabeth.
Dido’s burgeoning relationship with a young vicar’s son, John Davinier, meets with the disapproval of Mansfield, who considers the match beneath her. At the same time Mansfield is deliberating on a legal case Gregson v Gilbert, which becomes central to the debate on the abolishment of slavery. This enchanting and thought-provoking film boasts an outstanding British cast including Tom Wilkinson, Emily Watson, Miranda Richardson and Penelope Wilton.
As usual our price per head is £15.00, to include supper. The café will be open from 6.00 pm for drinks and food will be served from 6.30 pm.
To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Jill Mcglashon on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01787 313691