If the term “Film and Supper Club” bothers you, let us put your mind at rest.
- The Film and Supper Club is a monthly event held at the Bridge Project premises on Gainsborough Street.
- Check the website regularly to see what film is showing this month.
- Film nights are always the last Wednesday in the month, except August and December when we take a break.
- If you want to come along, telephone or email us with your booking.
- On the evening the café opens from 6.00 pm, when you choose your table, organise drinks and relax.
- A buffet supper is served from 6.30 pm. There is always a main course; dessert; cheese board and coffee or tea. If you have any special dietary requirements you can let us know at the time of your booking.
- Each month we hold a raffle to raise additional funds for The Bridge Project Sudbury.
- Once supper is finished guests make their way to the Film screening.
- The evening usually ends around 10.00 – 10.30 pm, depending on the length of the film.
- Those customers who have provided email addresses are contacted automatically with the monthly film newsletter and diary dates.
Wednesday 27 August
The Italian Job (1969) and Italian Themed Menu
Charlie Croker (Michael Caine), a Cockney gangster, is released from prison with the intent of doing a ‘big job’ in Italy. He becomes involved in a plot to to steal 4 million dollars worth of Chinese gold in Italy, and escape with it to Switzerland – but reckons without the attention of local mafia bosses.
Croker breaks back into his former prison to meet ‘Mr. Bridger’ (Noel Coward), the head of a huge criminal empire. With Bridger’s backing, Croker assembles a group including computer expert Professor Peach (Benny Hill) and several others for the getaway and the robbery. The plan calls for Peach to infect the computer driving Turin’s traffic control system with a virus to create a paralysing traffic jam that will prevent the police from recapturing the gold. Three Mini Cooper S‘s, with a planned route in and out of the city which will avoid the gridlock, eventually reach Switzerland, as the others escape disguised as football supporters.
August’s supper menu will reflect the Italian locations. As usual our price per head is £15.00, to include supper. The café will be open from 6.00 pm for drinks and food will be served from 6.30 pm. To book for this event, or find details of future Film Nights, please contact Jill Mcglashon on email@example.com or telephone 01787 313691